While I didn’t get any of these on vinyl this year, here are my top 11 records for 2009…
- Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 • Goodnight Oslo
- Gomez • A New Tide
- Phoenix • Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
- Ben Harper & Relentless7 • White Lies for Dark Times
- Roman Candle • Oh Tall Tree In the Ear
- Pains of Being Pure At Heart • Pains of Being Pure At Heart
- The Decemberists • The Hazards of Love
- Matthew Sweet & Susannah Hoffs • Under the Covers, vol. 2
- Wilco • Wilco (the album)
- R.E.M. • Live at the Olympia, Dublin
- Stone Roses • Stone Roses (2oth Anniversary Re-release)
Also dug U2s latest, The Heartless Bastards, BrakesBrakesBrakes, Los Straitjackets and the latest from Young Fresh Fellows. I also picked up a couple of the Beatles re-issues (Revolver and Rubber Soul truly shine) and have rediscovered some old World Party, Foxboro Hottubs and Guided by Voices.
All in all, a pretty good year.